Business Website Domain Names
It is important to use the most effective domain names for your business. In addition to owning the domain name for your business, such as Sandy's Salon it is beneficial to own domain names relevant to your business, such as HairStylistPalmSprings.com. Selecting additional domain names your business based on your location and/or specialty helps to optimize your placement on the internet.
An optimized domain name alone will not be enough to get your business listed on the first page of Google. You will also need to develop valuable content for your website and provide a quick and convenient way for potential customers to connect with your business.
Having multiple optimized business domain names pointing to your main site will help increase your website's popularity based on the search terms related to the domain name.
Most available domain names will cost between $10-15 per year from a registrar such as our affiliate Go Daddy. Managed domain names and optimized domain names can be much more expensive.Domain names are on a first come, first served basis.
If you have a good idea for a business website domain name you can check to see if it is already taken or if taken, available from the owner directly.What is the best format for a domain name?
What is the best format for a domain name?
Many website owners and businesses interested in putting their business online have asked questions related to domain name format. The answers sometimes confuse the situation even further and there seems to be lack of major concensus on the subject because there are so many variables to consider.
General guidelines for website domain name registration
Should I use hyphens to separate the words in my domain name?
The pros of using hyphens in domain names
- Hyphens help viewers visually distinguish the words of a domain name.
- Hyphenated domains are a great solution when the unhyphenated domain name is not available and the words are important.
The Cons of using hyphens in domain names
- Web users may forget to use hyphens when typing in domain names.
- Domain names with more than one hyphen can seem "less professional" or "spammy". (more of a popular opinion than a fact)
- Is rumored to have a relatively small but negative impact in search engine ranking and placement, however, hyphens in a domain name will not prevent a website from ranking well if content and popularity indicate user interest.
Are domain names case sensitive? (can I use capital letters in my domain name?)
No, domain names are not case sensitive. When you register a domain name, despite whether or not you used caps in your domain name search, your domain name will be insensitive to capital letters. When advertising your domain name it is sometimes beneficial to use capital letters so that viewers can read easily and interpret at a glance.