2012 Statistics on Blogging
Blogging is alive and well in 2012. Recent statistics show that blogging has not only grown but has become somewhat of a standard in the online business environment. Whether businesses run ecommerce websites, are publishing content or simply put up a website to list services of their business, they have all taken to blogging for one reason or another.
For many Americans blogging is has become a revenue stream for supplementary income or become a business in and of itself. Having a popular blog can be very lucrative, if you know what you are doing and writing about.
Some interesting Blogging statistics
- There are over 40 million blogs in the United States
- 60% percent of businesses online have blogs
- Almost 330 Million people view blogs each month
- Almost 21% of active bloggers are able to generate an income from it (ranging from a few hundred per month to tens of thousands)
- Almost 70% of blogs are written in english